MAKE LOVE ROCKS
Love Rocks are very simple to make, even for the craft-challenged. The hardest part is stopping - once you start making them, it's really hard to stop. Sharing love and joy with Love Rocks is very addicting in the best way possible.
ROCKS - Dollar Tree sells small bags of black polished river rocks or you can purchase a large bucket of river rocks from a local landscaping company (these rocks need to be washed).
FABRIC - most fabric stores sell fat quarters of fabric which allows you to buy a variety of colors and patterns.
SHARP SCISSORS - having sharp scissors makes it easier to cut the hearts.
MOD PODGE - most craft stores sell mod podge and you don't need gallons - a little bit goes a long way.
PAINT BRUSH - a regular paint brush works fine. It will get ruined if you allow the mod podge to dry so I usually keep mine in a glass of water in between making.
1. CUT OUT HEARTS. Double your fabric and cut into 2 inch long strips. Fold the strips in half longways, start at the top and cut 1/2 a heart on the fold. Doubling your fabric makes it easier to keep the fabric in place while your cutting. Make sure that the hearts that you cut will fit on the rocks you have...you don't want them to be too big.
2. APPLY MOD PODGE ON TOP OF ROCK. A little mod podge goes a long way.
3. PLACE FABRIC HEART ON TOP OF MOD PODGE. Place the heart wherever you feel it should go making sure that the edges are secured by the mod podge.
4. MOD PODGE OVER TOP OF FARIC TO SECURE HEART ONTO ROCK. Make sure you cover the entire heart.
5. LET DRY. It takes 10-15 min for the mod podge to dry completely if used sparingly.
6. REPEAT STEP 2 ON THE BOTTOM OF THE ROCK.
7. PLACE LOVE ROCKS TAG ON BACK OF ROCK AND MOD PODGE OVER TOP TO SECURE TO ROCK. You can make your own tags or you can find them here.
8. SHARE LOVE AND JOY!